Monday, October 5, 2015

Class of 2015

I couldn't believe that the time had gone by so fast. It seemed like just yesterday I was getting ready to start the ninth grade and now I am at the very end of my senior year. As I looking at myself in the mirror I truly can't believe I made it. Not that I am a bad student but knowing that you actually are about to graduate is a big moment. I put on my white dress that will go under my white gown and headed out to see my father and my brother. After we all got pictures together it was time to head out to oxford where the ceremony was to be held. On arrival I saw many of my friends and after today I knew I really wouldn't see them anymore, because I mean really, who talks to their friends after high school? We all got in alphabetical order, lined side by side with our walking partner and waiting for the ceremony to begin. Boy did we wait, I never had grown so impatient in my life.. waiting for the graduation ceremony felt like it took a thousand years. After about another five minutes of waiting around, we finally started to make the big walk down the stairs and would eventually make it to our seats. As I waited to walk, I began to get extremely nervous and I couldn't contain all of the butterflies in my stomach. Finally it was our turn to walk out into the giant arena, I couldn't stop smiling and I felt like my stomach was in my throat. I waved to my family as I walked by and I smiled at my boyfriend as he waved and blew me a kiss. We all sat down and waited for our principal to give his opening speech, After his speech the valedictorian's came up and gave their speeches to the graduating class. This year we had two valedictorians and I had only ever heard of one person having the opportunity to be valedictorian so it was a very cool experience to hear two completely different people's speeches. Then diplomas were handed out, and if I thought waiting took forever earlier.. I was most definitely wrong. But finally it was my rows turn to go and get our diploma's and I was so giddy and I couldn't stop smiling. As I wait to be called up on stage I feel as though everything is in slow motion, my heart almost feels as though it's stopped. I hear my name called by the assistant principal, "Jessica Renee Swihart." I make my walk up onto the stage, not to slowly and not to quickly. I take my diploma from the person handing them out and smile for the picture of myself receiving my diploma I worked so hard for, and I went back to my row and waited to sit down with the rest of the ladies. I couldn't believe what I was holding in my hand and I had never been so proud in my entire life. The superintendent of Eaton Community Schools comes to the microphone and she looks to the crowd and calmly says, "I now declare this years class of 2015 graduated by the state of Ohio." The crowd cheered and everybody got up, we took off our caps and threw them high up into the air as far as they would soar. We cheered as loud as we could bare, We then slowly walked back up the stairs and awaited for our families to come greet their new graduated students.

No comments:

Post a Comment